Macbook Pro External Monitor Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by illuminous, Nov 19, 2007.

1. illuminous macrumors member

I just bought an Asus VW222u external monitor to use with my Macbook Pro (2.33ghz, 2gb ram, ati radeon x1600). When I boot into leopard, everything is fine, laptop screen stays off and the asus display becomes my primary monitor.

However when I boot in Windows XP using bootcamp, this is not the case. I can only get an extended windows desktop. I want my laptop screen to be deactivated and only use my external monitor. Can anyone help, I have tried everything!!

Thanks

2. thegrifman macrumors regular

Go to ATI's site and download the Catalyst Control Center, it will let you make the external monitor your primary. I assume it'll let you turn off the mbp's lcd but I'm not sure as I haven't tried.

3. illuminous thread starter macrumors member

I tried that downloading and installing Catalyst but it says "Setup did not find any compadible hardware", must be something to do with it being a Mac. This is so annoying

4. thegrifman macrumors regular

I initially had the same problem, but you don't want to download Catalyst, just Catalyst Control Center. Go to http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html and in the left-most column scroll down to "Apple Boot Camp" and select "Windows XP", then Macbook Pro then whatever one you have and click "Go" and then it'll give you a download link just for CCC.