MacBook Pro failed after Logic Board replacement

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gobes, Feb 7, 2012.

1. gobes macrumors member

A friend spilt a drink on my MacBook pro 15" mid 2010 at new years and screwed up the keyboard & backlights so took it in for a top case replacement (at this time everything else still worked perfectly,must sticky keys and no backlights)
    Once it was in they rang to say they'd found liquid also on the logic board so I agreed to get that replaced rather than wait for it to fail.
    Had it back a few days now and it's been running fine unti all of a sudden today about ten minutes into turning It on the screen went fuzzy and everything froze.
    Held down the power button to shut down and started a couple of times, get the chime and grey start up screen is fine for about 20 seconds then it goes fuzzy again. Next time same plus loads of flashing colours... Then all freezes and can't get it past the loading screen.m

Obviously I'll be taking it back to the apple store - but just so I know, does this sound like a logic board issue or is it something else? I have pictures if necessary.

2. gobes thread starter macrumors member

Got it to start up for about a minute then it went again
    [​IMG]

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Standard possible solution would be to reset the SMC. You could also try taking the hard drive out and seeing if it works on another computer (make sure to use the same cable to make sure the cable is not the issue).

4. gobes thread starter macrumors member

Sorry please explain resetting the SMC?
    If I leave it shut down for a while then start up it will run fine for a few mins then go again.
    Then done same again and it's staying on fine whilst not being used.

5. RedReplicant macrumors 6502a

Video portion of the logic board is probably done.