Macbook Pro Fan Replacement: Help!?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Nitrocide, May 13, 2007.

1. Nitrocide macrumors 6502

Nitrocide

OK, basically about a month after I got mine 1st Gen (yesyes i know, but i'll never learn, same problem when 1st gen G5's came out, couldnt wait =P) Macbook Pro the fans stated messing about, ive taken it to be looked at three times now, without success, and now its our of warranty. I'm quite capabe with computers generally so have decided to fix it (dundun) myself!

This is my first notebook though and I was wondering whether the fans (mainly the right one) is a specific Macbook model, or can i pick up a replacement fan that will work/fit from somewhere generic?

ifixit.com has fan replacements, but i get the feeling theyre rather overpriced! Plus I live in the U.K. so shipping would really take the bisuit if I can just get one here.

Sorry for the rambling, somebody save me?

Xxx

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's a product-specific part so you can't really get a generic version. If iFixit is too pricey, then I guess you could check out eBay. Although at least iFixit's part will be compatible and will work. eBay has the associated used product risks.