MacBook Pro: Fan Speed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tarek, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Tarek macrumors 6502

Hello,

I'm using a 2.5" GHz early '08 MacBook Pro and it's running fine. When I'm on Windows, the temperature increases and reaches around 63 celsius but that's normal as I've been told here. When I am on Macintosh, the temperature is usually around 46 to 51 celsius when running on AC power, and lower when on battery.

Thing is, I have smcFanControl and I set both fans to 2825 rpm. What is the best speed that I should set them to?

This is my computer's temprature - http://i35.tinypic.com/nlqryv.png

I won't post it as an image because it's too big to fit the screen and will make the page look ridiculous.

Thank you.

2. Tarek thread starter macrumors 6502

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

It depends. The temperatures you're currently experience are perfectly normal. Depending on which model you have, if you have the 9400M, it should idle around 40 C and with the 9600M GT, 50 C. With SMC fan control, I think people set according to what they're doing and not so much as a primary thing.

4. Tarek thread starter macrumors 6502

Mine is a 2.5GHz 2GB RAM 250GB HD and 9600M GT graphics card. I was reading through some other related threads, and some one actually reached 102 celsius. HOLY!