Macbook Pro Fans Going Crazy Randomly?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jas0n, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Jas0n macrumors newbie

Hey,

I have a late 2007 macbook pro and recently the fans have been going at EXTREMELY high speeds without the MBP being hot at all. I have SMCFanControl and iStat Pro and both of them said my MBP's temperature was around 55C though the fans were going between 4000 and 6000 RPM, I also checked the activity monitor for high CPU usage but nothing high there.

I turned my MBP off for 5 minutes with a fan blowing on it just incase it was hot but when I turned it back on the fans immediately jumped back up to 6000 RPM.

They're back to normal now but I assume it will happen again. Anyone know what's wrong?

2. Jas0n thread starter macrumors newbie

The battery has just finished charging and I think it's okay now, is it possible that this new battery I have caused problems with the fans recognising heat or something?

3. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I don't know if this is the cause or not, but it seems to me that most of the people with fan speed issues are the people using programs such as smcfancontrol.

4. Jas0n thread starter macrumors newbie

During my search on the internet, I found that it was mostly people not using SMCFanControl that had issues.

5. hapajap2k macrumors newbie

I have a late 2007 MBP and i am getting the same problems as Jason...anyone with ideas??

6. loyrun macrumors newbie

oops

haha, I read the thread title and thought this was in reference to the daily "OMG OMG IS IT TODAY!?!?!?" threads... :rolleyes:

7. Qin Zhi macrumors newbie

Qin Zhi

Hahaha! Same here--I thought he was referring to people like us. Well I would admit I'm an MBP Fan! :D

8. Silencer macrumors member

Silencer

Lol me too. I thought this thread was about disgruntled Macbook pro fans going crazy waiting for a hardware update :D

9. eldudorinio macrumors member

eldudorinio

10. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

me too haha :)

11. topgun072003 macrumors 6502

topgun072003

Same here! hahaha When I started reading about temperature and fan control, I said to myself, "What does this have to do with the MBP update and us going crazy about it?":confused:

12. ttttttttttt9 macrumors member

Randomly? I go crazy in perfectly predictable 8-month intervals, thankyouverymuch. :D

(i know i know)

13. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

i've been having the same issue.. tried everything.. nothing works and the mbp sounds annoying gonna give a call to applecare soon