MacBook Pro Fans Won't Stop Running!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by John Doe 57, Aug 23, 2008.

1. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Ok so last night I was using Quick Look to preview some videos. Then the fans started running. I knew that would happen. But even 40 minutes later, they were still running. I wasn't using Quick Look any more. They were still running and running pretty fast. The computer took longer to Shut Down last night and the fans were running during that process too.

The computer was working fine today until about 2PM. I do have an external fan that sits under the computer. I was using Quick Look and the fans started in again. They even ran while I was using VLC. This never happens. Then I played GTA San Andreas (which always gets the fans spinning fast, but with the external fans on, the internal fans usually come to an stop - They didn't) The fans have been running since 2PM today - Now its 6:30PM.

2. John Doe 57 thread starter macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Never mind the fans, they stopped after a Restart. But know I having iMovie problems. Oh well.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Sometimes they run after extended periods of time. take it back to the apple store and ask them if you're still under warranty. my fans usually stop a few seconds after i quit a graphic intensive application, like encoding a imovie video.