MacBook Pro FedEx Delivery Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by isal, Mar 3, 2011.

1. isal macrumors newbie

So my FedEx tracking says that my Mac is at it's "At dest sort facility".

My scheduled time is Mar 4th by 12:00pm but I was told that it "may" not be delivered until Monday because it has to be sorted.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Will they let me pick it up before Monday? They are open on weekends put they don't deliver, can I pick it up once it's "sorted".

Argh, FedEx!

Attached Files:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, they won't let you pick it up. The sort facility isn't open to the public. Just wait. It'll get there, soon enough.

3. 1trduong macrumors newbie

hhhmmm how far away are you from the sort facilities..... and no i dont think they will let you pick it up before the first delivery attempt...
    if its true that you will get your mbp tomorrow than i will prob get mine too :) since we have similar timing...

4. isal thread starter macrumors newbie

im less than 15 kms away. how about you?

5. axu539 macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure why they would tell you that it would be delayed a whole day because it has to be "sorted." Who said that?

Anyway, in my past experience with Fedex, my package usually leaves the destination sort facility within hours. My 2011 MBP is at a nearby sort facility too, and my estimated delivery date is March 8th by 4:30 PM. This is clearly off. I'm expecting my machine will probably get here tomorrow, since "sorting" is basically just putting the package on the truck that will be delivering it.

6. isal thread starter macrumors newbie

exactly, my scheduled day is tomorrow. i'll be really pissed if it doesn't show up.

7. 1trduong macrumors newbie

Im about 55 minutes away from the facilities but just like axu539 , im expecting my package tomorrow even though its saids march 8th by 4:30!

8. isal thread starter macrumors newbie

i choose express, maybe that's why its early. did you guys choose express as well?

9. 1trduong macrumors newbie

yes thats what its said on my also! but i am really hoping its tomorrow! lets hope fedex update its delivery tomorrow morning when i wake up so i know whether or not i need to stay home!

10. axu539 macrumors 6502a

I didn't order expedited shipment, but I'm guessing my package just piggybacked with some other expedited packages. I got lucky I guess.