MacBook Pro financing question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by classof2011, Jun 13, 2007.

1. classof2011 macrumors regular

I'm thinking of possibly buying a MacBook Pro with the following specs :

15.4" Glossy screen
    2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Superdrive
    160GB 7200RPM hard drive
    2GB RAM

Which is why I sold my BlackBook a few months ago.

But I kept reading all these rumors about Leopard and such so I thought, "Well I need a bigger screen, and Leopard's about to release, plus I'm sure sometime in between then the MBP's will be updated. So I guess I'll sell the BlackBook."

[That was before it was announced that Leopard ships later in the year]

Anyways....

Is it worth it to get financing for the MacBook Pro? I want to see if my mom can apply for the Juniper Apple-iTunes card so I can get my MacBook Pro for $53 per month.

If I can make $80 per month in allowance, can I afford the MBP including interest, tax, and whatever applies to the "Apple card" ?

2. wgkealey macrumors member

This is just my advice, but if you can't afford the mac right now, and you're thinking about Leopard, just save your money until you don't have to finance. Leopard is still a few months off.

3. gaelan macrumors regular

If you are having to finance it, then you can't afford it. Why not save the $80 each month and pay cash for the computer at purchase time?

4. classof2011 thread starter macrumors regular

I think that's what I'll do. It should take me less than a year [I didn't realize that earlier]....sometimes I can make $120 a month so I guess I could do that.

Thanks for the help gaelan and wgkealey

5. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

exactly.

6. gaelan macrumors regular

a couple of suggestions to get there quicker:

sell some crap. i sold off a lot of personal stuff to build up my mac fund.

work an extra job if possible. anything from delivering pizzas to newspaper routes. every extra dollar gets you closer.

save everything. do not buy anything with your own money unless forced to. Ask yourself before buying, "can i live without this?", if the answer is yes, then do not purchase. Every big mac or whopper you buy results in a longer wait for your Apple computer.