MacBook Pro fingerprints/OCD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Superman041, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Superman041, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014

Superman041 macrumors regular

How do you clean the MPB retina outside case of fingerprints? I've used the black micro fiber cloth doesn't help really, tried using breath and wiping .

I see them when looking under a light closely.

2. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

3. Superman041 thread starter macrumors regular

Would that not leave watermarks on the metal surface? I find it it's very prone to fingerprints !

4. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Not if you wipe any dampness off with a dry cloth.

5. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

The absolute best cleaning cloth I've ever used was a 100% Silk... shirt actually. The underarm ripped beyond repair and I've been meaning to turn it into something else forever but found that without wetting or anything the silk cleans electronics and screens like a dream.
    If you need to wet anything then try using 99% alcohol or alcohol based cleaner. Never pour liquid directly onto the computer, put into the cloth first, but not so much to make it sopping wet.

6. gcrr macrumors regular

Buy a microfiber cloth that's meant for a car. The ones that come with electronics aren't very good.

7. Beezy253 macrumors 6502

I feel like the Late 2013 rMBP attracts/pulls in dust through the keyboard, then pushes it out through the fans?

IDK if it's the new design of the cooling system on the late 2013 13" rMPB, but I feel like i'm always wiping dust or lint away from the keyboard/back of the screen)

I wash my hands like 34536454 a day, Vacuum often, use a lint roller on my bed, ONLY use my rMBP on a clean hard surface, etc... so i'm not sure what the hell is going on.