** MacBook Pro first timer

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MusclezMarinara, Mar 1, 2011.

1. MusclezMarinara macrumors newbie

Hey guys

Just got my first mac...MacBook Pro 15"

Macbook Pro i7 2.2
    Glossy screen
    4GB ram
    750 Sata

Should be a fun drive :)

Any advice or any guidance ill need coming from windows?

I may install Parallels or do a dual boot windows 7 64 bit not sure just yet.

Also I had a 3 monitor setup on my latitude E4300, docked wondering if there is any solution for that on a macbook down the line.

Thanks
    Musclez

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Congratulations, and welcome to the "Virus-Free Zone!" Enjoy your Mac!

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

The multi-monitor setup actually may be possible now with this new Thunderbolt port, although I'm not sure of the details on it.

5. toondw macrumors 6502

Welcome. Im new to the mac platform also, even after a few weeks of use i am still trying to get my head around it. For some things it's so much better and for others windows edges it. I dont understand people that slag off either to be honest they both have good and bad points. Overall however i do prefer mac os, it just feels better if you know what i mean, clean and uncluttered. And it's true what they say, virus on a pc is a nightmare but the mac just doesnt seem to have the same problem. Mac in my opinion has always been the snobbish side of computing but over the past 2-3 years is becomming more mainstream and i think it's for the better. I'm looking forward to the new mac os as it's very ios orientated but i have no doubt long term mac lovers may not be so impressed?:apple::)

6. simsaladimbamba

Yeah, you need to come up with a new guide or something, otherwise we run out of guides to quote. What about a guide on how to search? Or a guide on how to employ common sense? Or a guide about ... shiny things.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'll get to work on that! :D Nowadays, I post in threads before I even see them! LOL!

8. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

A guide on how to search for threads discussing the daily asked questions would be great.

9. dagamer34 macrumors 65816

dagamer34

10. s1lv3r macrumors member

s1lv3r

welcome to the apple world. :apple:

I'm new to it too - just converted myself 3 weeks ago - and i'm loving it.

Unfortunatelly I need to work on a PC with Win Vista (not even the Win7 :()and it is really strange. In just 3 weeks and I do press all the time Alt+T (i.o. Command+T for opening a new tab on Safari/Firefox) or Alt+C/Alt+V (i.o. Command+C/+V) for Copy/Paste haha

That's a bit annoying but i can't change my company's standard so i need to live with that :(

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

12. MusclezMarinara thread starter macrumors newbie

wow you guys are super fast thanks i have some reading and video watching to do :) thank you !