Macbook pro Foot

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by teknikal90, Mar 25, 2008.

1. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

the top left foot on my macbook pro, the one next to the magsafe port is a bit loose....like i can pinch the rubber foot and i can wiggle it around...im not talking about the rubber bit of the foot, im talking about the whole foot, including the plastic ring bit...now i heard that if the plastic thing came off, id have to replace the whole bottom case, which would suck.
    now my question, what are the chances that the whole foot will come off?those of you who have dissected a macbook pro before, can you describe to me how the case plug for the foot is held on to the case and what would it take for it to get disconnected from the case??
    im considering supegluing the plastic bit onto the case now to make it 'not loose' and so ensure that it will never come off...i live in australia, no apple store here...the only way i can get the macbook pro fixed is to mail it down 1000 clicks to the main apple centre of the country..not really a pleasant experience...

thanks all, i know this may sound fussy...but hey....macbook pro.

tek.

2. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

3. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

lol yeah i saw that...but still cant tell how the plug is actualy connected...whats preventing the plug from falling off?

4. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

anyone?ever dissected a macbook pro and know how the foot is attached to the bottom casE?

5. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

it seems it's forced inside, there is holes in the bottom case and the case plug must have bits that fits tightly inside the holes. the rubber foot is then glued on it.
    in case of loose case plug the manual says "Replace the bottom case, or
    send to Apple Repair Center" so it seems it might be fixed at the repair center otherwise the bottom case must be replaced.

6. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

If the plug is secure and it's just the foot that is wiggling around you should be able to simply re-glue the foot to the casing to resolve the issue, otherwise you may need a new bottom case.

7. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

nah its not just the foot, its the plug....
    i can pinch the foot and lift it by just less than half a milimeter....not much but not tight either....
    i just got this macbook pro, id hate to have something stupid liek the foot of it come off after the first 90 days.........

what should i do?
    superglue it back on?

8. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

i dont have an apple store in the city.....only a premuim reseller....i dont know what the extent of their service is...

9. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

anyone know if premium resellers can do fixing on site?

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It says use krazyglue, so I think you can just use krazyglue yourself?

Just follow the instructions.

11. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

nah thats only if its the foot thats loose, with mine its the plug which holds the foot that is loose....im just wondering if premium resellers can do repairs on site...i dont really want to ask right now, cause it doesnt strike out as a big problem....
    if the resellers dont offer repais, id just superglue it

12. betomax macrumors newbie

need mbp feet

I've lost 2 mbp feet, would really like to get a new set, but will probably apply some self-adhesive rubber feet from a craft store unless it is easy to get the ones from apple or their supplier. Does anyone know how to get them?

I really don't want to send my laptop in for feet replacement.

13. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

see i dont want to be in his position...how olds your macbook pro?
    i went on ebay adn found macbook pro foot kits...but they oly include the feet themselves...not the plugs that the feet are glued onto...did you lose the plugs as well?the light grey plastic ring under the actual feet.

14. betomax macrumors newbie

I think that only the rubber feet are missing. I see [where the missing feet would be] light grey plastic discs which have a raised section at the circumference, three raised , slightly curved bars oriented in a triangle, with recessed 'holes' for vertices of the triangle of bars. One of the 'holes' is larger than the other two. The bars are all of equal dimensions.

I guess I can check ebay for feet. I don't want to scratch my furniture with my mpb...

Thanks for the tip.

15. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you're worried, but rip it off and glue it back on.

16. SVT Amateur macrumors 6502

17. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

But you lose a computer for a week! :(