MacBook Pro for Adobe Software

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Ofiro, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Ofiro macrumors newbie

Hi guys,
    I live in Israel and the prices here for Apple products are really high.
    My brother lives in California and in October he's coming to visit here,
    He asked me what version for Macbook do i want and i really didn't know what to say,
    I'm working as a Web developer and as a freelancer video editor,i edit videos for wedding,Parties,Bar-mitzvah etc..

I Wanted to know if this mac (http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/macbook-pro?product=MGXA2LL/A&step=config#)
    would be enough for me or i should choose the $2,499 version.

Does the iris graphics card would be enough or the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M is critical?

Thanks.

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

You definitely want the one with the better GFX card. FCP X and Premiere Pro both heavily use the GPU and that's becoming a more common thing for pro programs in general.

3. Ofiro thread starter macrumors newbie

Ofcourse it would be helpfull but it's 500$ difference,
    I've heard its depressingly not much better than the Iris it’s replacing – it’s basically a slightly higher clocked Iris?.

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I haven't researched the Intel Iris Pro vs the Nvidia 750m w/regards to video editing/processing (which won't always mirror the synthetic and video game based tests the vast majority of testers use for comparison) but since the computer earns you money then I think the extra $500 isn't that big of a deal. Sure, it will take a few more gigs to pay it off but in the end you'll have a computer with a longer service life.

5. leftyMac macrumors regular

Nvidia has a driver for rMBP with GPU to enable hardware rendering, that you can install. with the CUDA enabled, the difference is huge! if you are going to be making money working on videos, it's well worth the $500 difference.