Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

voxvoix

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
Hi, I will be going off to college this fall to study Civil Engineering. My plan is to get a MBP and use Bootcamp for the Windows only software.

I saw a similar thread, but it was from a few years ago and with the added support from Autodesk, etc, I wanted to check again. Hopefully more people are doing it!

My school offers no guidance, and has yet to respond to my emails:( but in looking at other school's websites the only issue seems to be VBA support in Microsoft Office, Which could be fixed with bootcamp, but I'd rather not spend the money on the extra Microsoft products.

Also, would the Mac hardware configuration create any problems with the connectivity of data logging(or other) software? (This went along with the VBA support, I don't really know if either is important)

In short, I really have no specifics software wise, I just wanna make sure all my bases are covered; so is a MBP safe/advantageous for Civil?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.