Macbook Pro for Graphic Design and Video?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gannon, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Gannon macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I am looking to buy a new Macbook Pro. My main use for the laptop will be graphic design and some video production. I will being using programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Final Cut Pro.

I want a portable machine since I will be living on a college campus. I think I would prefer the 13" Macbook Pro over the 15" simply because it is more portable, and if I want a bigger screen I can hook it up to an external monitor. However I'm not sure if the specs on the 13" will be a hindrance on my graphic design and video production.

What do you guys think?

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

The only thing that would be a huge noticeable difference is rendering times, however, the 13" is still plenty fast, so I'd get that if it's your preference.

3. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

The only spec on the 13'' that may be a hinderance is the screen resolution, but it's definitely doable - and not a problem if you are going to be hooking it up to an external. I would just be aware of it's resolution when you don't have access to an external, as you won't be carrying one of those around I hope.

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC