Macbook pro for Logic express recording? **Use with Apogee ONE**

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ADAADW, May 26, 2010.

1. ADAADW macrumors member

Hey everyone

I have been looking at the Macbook pro for a while but am still thinking about the decision due to my needs. I'll be using the macbook pro for...

- Recording guitar (acoustic), full bands/ individual instruments
    - Some photo editing (CS5)
    - Basic word processing, power point (you know school stuff!)

Im looking at the 15in base MBP due to costs and what not but i am able to get a good discount through my work. Im trying to see if it would be more in my benefit to buy one now while the edu promo is on or to wait until next year when im sure things will get better (as tech always does). Im mainly concerned about the graphics switching issues (dedicated or discrete) not that logic would really worry me about that, but battery life is key and is one of the most important features. Any advice would be great and i really appreciate it, Thanks!

2. Gomff macrumors 6502a

Simple answer is always buy the best you can afford, when you need it.

For the tasks you listed, the current line of MBP's will easily meet your needs and the next generation most likely won't improve your experience of those apps in any noticeable way. I use all of those apps on a 3 and a half year old MBP quite happily.

3. ADAADW thread starter macrumors member

Hey thanks

Yes i guess your right on that, it is within my price range and its hard to really keep up with technology. Im wondering is there any reason not to buy it now? due to either graphics switching problems (first gen of technology always has bugs) or heat?

Also ideally i would like to use an Apogee ONE to do recordings with, so has anyone had experience with the Apogee ONE?