Macbook pro for Video editing (Adobe)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ofiro, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Ofiro macrumors newbie

Hi guys,
    I live in Israel and the prices here for Apple products are really high.
    My brother lives in California and in October he's coming to visit here,
    He asked me what version for Macbook do i want and i really didn't know what to say,
    I'm working as a Web developer and as a freelancer video editor,i edit videos for wedding,Parties,Bar-mitzvah etc..

I Wanted to know if this mac (http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/ma...A&step=config#)
    would be enough for me or i should choose the $2,499 version.

Does the iris graphics card would be enough or the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M is critical?

Thanks.

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

The 750M will be useful in video rendering and editing.

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Not Critical

If you read these forums too much you may well come to believe that without a dGPU video editing and playing games is impossible on your rMBP.

This is of course absolute tosh, these machines will do the job just fine with either configuration, it may be a bit slower to render with the iris pro but it will do the job no sweat. In fact the 13 inch will do these jobs well too just not as quickly.

If your job absolutely depends on rapid graphics rendering in 3D or 4K video then the extra expense is fair enough, if not then I wouldn't worry too much.

If you want to save some money get him to order off the apple refurb store and you could get the dGPU version for less than the base model.