Macbook Pro Freezes and has really Slow startup

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thechineseadobo, Jun 12, 2013.

1. thechineseadobo macrumors newbie

Bought a mcbook pro 15" recently and all was working fine until a couple of days ago. It started when I was browsing the web using Chrome and it just suddenly crashed. Then it started to become really sluggish, with color wheel appearing almost everytime. Also, after Chrome crashed, i wasn,t able to play videos from youtube saying requires flash player, and so I did download. still didn't do anything.

And on top of that tart up takes ages...like 5-10 minutes. At some point I did upgrade from 10.7.4 to 10.7.5 still i think it didn't help at all. Tried updating the JAVA environment, and I think it made it worse.

Not really how to solve this problem, and reformtting would be the last option. I really need help, because i need to get this fixed so I can finish my freelance stuff.

Thanks!

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

With the problems you are reporting, now would be a good time to boot into Recovery Mode (hold :apple:+R at startup), launch Disk Utility, and check Macintosh HD (or whatever you named your boot disk) for file system errors with the Verify Disk option. If errors are found, attempt repairs with the Repair Disk option. Repeat until you either get errors Disk Utility cannot fix, or no more errors appear.

3. thechineseadobo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks wrldwzrd89. I tried doing that, and it said that can't repair the hard disk anymore. So I'll to reformat the damn thing. Sucks though. Really don't know the main cause if these problems. Thanks so much for the time.