Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
There was a thread about this in July/August but no suggested solutions. Sometimes my entire Mac freezes, sometimes, I can force quit out of Word. Any suggestions? It happens randomly, but will ALWAYS happen when I try to go to "Open Recent". I know -- don't go to Open Recent, so I don't, but it still happens other times.

So yes, suggestions are appreciated.

Evie

nadyne

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
Mountain View, CA USA
There was a thread about this in July/August but no suggested solutions. Sometimes my entire Mac freezes, sometimes, I can force quit out of Word. Any suggestions? It happens randomly, but will ALWAYS happen when I try to go to "Open Recent". I know -- don't go to Open Recent, so I don't, but it still happens other times.

What version of Word are you using? (In Word, go to the About Word menu item.) If you're not running 12.1.2, please go to the Help menu and click on Check for Updates.

Does it always happen on the same document, or does it happen on many documents? If it's different documents, have you noticed that the documents that it happens on have anything in common -- such as long documents, documents with lots of pictures, or maybe the file is of type doc instead of docx?

Regards,
Nadyne.

evie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
thanks. i have updated word (i thought i had done this, but was still on the previous version), and i'll see if this helps. it happens with different documents, at different times.

evie

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.