MacBook Pro Freezes with One 27" LED Cinema Display But Not The Other

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BlueGummiBear, Jun 11, 2012.

1. BlueGummiBear macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

I've got a very strange issue that I can't figure out. I've got a MacBook Pro 17" (2.53 GHz Intel Core i5 - 8GB DDR3) with OS X 10.7.4 all up to date with the latest patches and updates from Apple. I also have two identical 27" Apple LED Cinema Displays (non-thunderbolt models) that were purchased at the same time. When I plugin my MBP to the first LED (call it LED-1) it plays nice and works perfectly -- no issues with it powering on the display or freezing. Now, when I unplug the MBP, wait 2-3 minutes, and plug it in to the second LED (call it LED-2) it never powers on LED-1 and my MBP freezes with only the mouse cursor able to move. The light on the front of the MBP that usually "breathes" turns on solid. I have to hard reset it in order for it to come back. Now, once I reboot then LED-2 comes online and works perfectly. I've tried all sorts of things:

1. Plugin the magsafe power first and then the mini-display port and vice-versa when plugging in LED-2.
    2. Don't plugin the USB cable at all on LED-2. (Note that both setups use the same model Apple keyboards and mice and have no other peripherals plugged in)
    3. Reset the SMC on my MBP.
    4. Plugin LED-2 before even trying to plugin LED-1.
    5. Plugin LED-2 with the lid open or lid closed.

I've seen a lot of posts about MBP's freezing when displays are plugged into the mini-display ports but nothing similar to what I'm experiencing that I could find. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. BlueGummiBear thread starter macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

*bump*

Sorry for the blatant bump but with the new MBP announcement my post quickly got shot to page 2 so I'm hoping to get some more eyes on this for assistance.

3. Ledspot macrumors newbie

I purchased a 12v colour changing LED light. I received the light, and the cable that came from it didn't have a plug or anything. I know that I need some kind of transformer to connect the wires to, but what kind of transformer do I need for it? I am in the Uk.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    LED Tubes led bulbs lights LED Tube

4. BlueGummiBear thread starter macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

Wow. Spammers sure have gotten clever these days.

5. LED Tube macrumors newbie