MacBook Pro Freezing Again and I Can't Explain it to Apple

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mktb, Jun 27, 2008.

1. mktb macrumors newbie

After having many problems with my MacBook Pro that were hardware related, and having a bad experience at the Apple Store, I tried reinstalling Leopard again, for the 5th time.

For a few days, everything was going great. A few hours ago, however, the same problem showed up. MBP was freezing up again, and I have to hit the power to shut it down.

This kind of thing has happened once before. All but two of these incidents happen daily; however, this incident happened after 3 days.

The Apple Store told me that I should let them take it in for testing for a day and see if the problem is there. Now, I'm going to have a hell of a time saying "Umm, yeah, it sometimes crashes after 1 day, sometimes after 2 or 3, sometimes longer..."

YES, I keep my MBP well ventilated. NO, I do NOT use Parallels.

I'm getting very tired of dealing with this.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The Geniuses must be able to reproduce it for them to be able to fix it, so you will need to let them test it for a few days.

3. Outsiderdude26 macrumors regular

Go back to an Apple store, Geniuses can probably replicate you problem.

4. rev316 macrumors regular

Definitely checkout the Apple forms on freezes. I know a lot of users were finding "timeout" reports from the GPU potentiality causing the crash.

5. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

just take it in and let them check it. They will figure it out. Otherwise, u r stuck with what you've got, which is unacceptable.

6. gr8bob macrumors regular