MacBook PRO Freezing UP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JMills21, Sep 30, 2011.

1. JMills21 macrumors newbie

So I had had a friend that had a Pro getting just a blue screen. So I re-imaged it, updated all the software, and it was running great for about a week now. It started either getting just the pin wheel as if its working but stays like that or at start up it just sits there and spins and wont go past the main start up screen. No more Blue screen now, but just curious if anyone had any suggestions?

Thanks

Concerned Mac User

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

3. JMills21 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I've heard of this problem a lot... you might have a hardware problem... If you have the original Applications Install Disc, try to run a Apple Hardware Test to see if anything is actually wrong with the Hardware on your mac. If there is a problem then contact Apple, they should fix it if you have applecare.

5. JMills21 thread starter macrumors newbie

I ran a test for them, it came back with nothing wrong, I then re-installed all the software on the computer, Snow Leopard 10.6 and iLife 11. And it ran great for a few days & now the pinwheel is back, could it be as guy said above and be a bad hard drive?

6. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Could be... just incase it is a bad HD, I would go ahead and buy a new one, just to be on the safe side.

7. Detrius macrumors 68000

Apple Hardware Test won't tell you if you have bad blocks or slow blocks on your drive.