Macbook pro freezing!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ladybutterfly00, Apr 19, 2009.

1. ladybutterfly00 macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I have a major problem with my macbook pro, i've had it for about year now, and never had any problems with it up til a couple of months ago, so basically what happens is sometimes my screen freezes and my mouse cruiser doesnt move, no other button on my key board works, i can't even switch between windows using the cmd+tab buttons, only thing i can do is press on the turn on button and keep pressing until the computer shuts down, sometimes i even have to do that 2 to 3 times until i can move my mouse around again. sometimes this happens like once every three days, sometimes (like today for example) it happened like 5 times if not more, now i know mac computers dont get viruses or anything, so what could be the problem?
    do i have to take it to an apple store to get fixed? or is this something i can do myself? I have ALOT of documents, pictures and programs on my laptop and i really dont want to loose it!!

Please note that i didnt drop my computer or slam it into anything, i'm very careful handeling it..

I appreciate any help i can get!!

Ruby

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Your hard drive might be dying ...

Insert OS X Install Disc 1 and boot while holding D to run a hardware test.

3. ladybutterfly00 thread starter macrumors newbie

hey,

thanx for the quick reply, i did that but i got a msg saying that there was no problem with my hard drive, can it be something else?

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

5. ladybutterfly00 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thanx, ill take it to an apple shop so they can check it out for me, i appreciate ur quick reply, thank u very much :)