MacBook Pro Freezing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JDee, Jul 11, 2009.

1. JDee macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,

I bought a MacBook Pro a few weeks ago about a week after they came out. It's the 13 inch 2.26GHz model.

Over the past few weeks, I have noticed it freezing up randomly at times. I have heard that bluetooth keyboards and mouse devices may cause the problem, but I have disabled both and it still freezes up.

About 5 days ago, I ran TechTool Deluxe and it came up that the Video RAM failed, so I restarted, tested again and it didn't show the message again.

It is very annoying. I don't have that much programs open, probably Microsoft Word, Firefox, iTunes and Safari. I've also tried Disk Utility, nothing. It is getting very annoying and it happens just at random times and it happens about 20 times per day.

What should I do?

If I have to send this in for repair, I will be really disappointed. My first iMac had to be brought in for repair.
    My iPhone has been in for repair three times and I really am thinking Apple is just failing on me.

What should I do? Any suggestions?

2. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

I think you may have a hardware issue again...sorry to say. I can understand your frustration though. I would say make a mac genius appointment and have it checked. You can always run the apple hardware test if you want to give that a try. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1509

3. iyacyas macrumors member

See this thread...

You are one of the many with this problem. Although it may be different, but I suspect that you ran auto update! And you most likely let it install all updates! As most would do and should be able to do with no problems! But you need to read this thread!

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=729883

Call Apple and make them fix the problem!!!

4. alecapple macrumors regular

Just call apple, seriously. Dont bother running more tests because apple will want you to do them when you are on the phone with them.