macbook pro freezing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by comptr, Oct 5, 2009.

1. comptr macrumors 65816

Hi I have been having problems with my early 2008 macbook pro. I had the logic board replaced 3 weeks ago and they had also replaced the screen since the hinges broke. Well after they replaced the logic board it has been freezing up often and kernel panicking so I took it back in and they tested it for a week and they said it was bad ram so they replaced it. After that I brought it back and after a few days it started freezing up again so I took it back and they ran tests for 2 days and they said nothing was wrong but they offered to do a reinstall. I brought it back and did a clean install to rule out software. Well after the reinstall which took 4 times thanks to kernel panics. After the install,I finish setting up windows in boot camp it started to freeze up and kernel panic. Even this morning it was still doing the same thing. It also did this:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/comptr/3984925126/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/comptr/3984930560/

I am so frustrated with the problem since it randomly freezes up. I hope some one can help me. I have no clue how to get this fixed. The computer is under apple care. :confused::confused:

2. comptr thread starter macrumors 65816

can someone please give me a idea what could be the cause of the problem. Also I took it in to the apple store and they said they would replace parts but not sure which ones.

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Sounds like a bad logic board... Don't know why though because you just got a new one! Ask Apple if they'll give you a replacement:cool:

4. comptr thread starter macrumors 65816

really I couldn't figure out for the life of me how a replacement logic board could die in 3 weeks. I never thought to ask for a replacement. Right now its at the apple store as they are repairing it.