Macbook pro from amazon

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by benledgebob, Oct 24, 2010.

1. benledgebob macrumors member

Ok so I have been looking at the 13 inch base model MBP from amazon as it £100 cheaper and brand new but I just had a thought will it come with iLife 11 or 09 and if it does come with 09 will I have any options for a discount or will I have to pay £45 for a copy of it?

2. Fastpitchsball macrumors newbie

Yes, you'll get a discount. I bought a MBP from Amazon early this month, and just paid for shipping and handling for the iLife upgrade via Apple. It came to about $7. There is a place on Apple's website to order the upgrade for new purchasers.

3. Resist macrumors 68030

Most likely it will come with iLife 09, but you will have to check the listing to see. Amazon doesn't change out it's inventory as quickly as Apple does. If it doesn't come with it, you can get the iLife 11 upgrade for a greatly discounted price from Apple.

4. benledgebob thread starter macrumors member

Is there anything else I should know about getting the 13 inch 2.4GHz core two duo from amazon? I mean I will get the one year apple care right? Also has anyone else got this from amazon and if so was everything fine?

5. Resist macrumors 68030

Only if you pay for it, Applecare doesn't come with a Macbook for free.

I have purchased two Apple computers from Amazon and in both instances saved money. Not having to pay State tax really helps on expensive items like these.

I'm not a big fan of buying an extended warranty, like Applecare. Apple makes a lot of money off Applecare sales, why?......because rarely does anyone have to use the extra two years coverage. Accident insurance is far more useful, check out SquareTrade for that.