MacBook Pro from the UK Apple Store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CHRIS-LDN, Jul 13, 2011.

1. CHRIS-LDN macrumors newbie

I have recently purchased a Macbook Pro 13 inch from the Apple website (UK) and I was wondering how long it takes for them to be delivered. I ordered mine on the 8th July and at the moment the website is saying it won't be delivered until the 21st? Any help/advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

2. seattle29 macrumors member

They're normally shipped directly from China (especially if custom configured).

Mine got routed Shanghai - Amsterdam - Madrid (oops!) - Brussels - London.

It wasn't Apple's fault though, rather UPS/FedEx (can't remember which one) misplacing it in their hub/spoke system. I was worried it would get lost, but it eventually got delivered undamaged - despite the big detour!

Once dispatched from China then allow 3 days for it to be delivered in the UK.

3. CHRIS-LDN thread starter macrumors newbie

I got an e-mail saying that it had been shipped on Monday night at 9 pm GMT. Do you think tomorrow is realistic?

4. seattle29 macrumors member

Did they give a tracking number? If so then look it up on the courier website and you'll get an idea of how far it's gone. But I would have thought 3 working days is fine, I work with international shipments and it's pretty standard to get airfreight delivered within 3 days worldwide.

5. CHRIS-LDN thread starter macrumors newbie

No it still says "Current Delivery Status: In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule" and also "Carrier Tracking Number: In transit to final destination - carrier details to be updated shortly."

I don't really know what to make of it to be honest. I guess I'll just have to wait and see, although I doubt it will arrive tomorrow if they are still yet to provide me with a tracking number