Hi I have a Macbook from work which I have to turn in first half of next year, but maybe I can buy it if my boss allows it. The dvd drive of the Macbook is however broken. Part of the casing is missing and since recently half the keyboard doesn't work anymore (or not always). I have doubts about it's survival chances, while I definitely need a portable for work. Since my contract is close to ending, I will not get a new one from work as I am the only mac user. I also have a 1 year old iMac at home. Next month I will visit the US. I can buy a Macbook 13" (base model) with a 200 to 300 euro discount (thanks to the exchange rate, low US tax rate and maybe some luck at customs when going home). The next possible visit to the US would be summer next year, if there will be a visit. The current model is halfway through the cycle. I usually buy after an upgrade or with the back to school discount. But it is unlikely I can apply for next year's back to school. My question is: should I buy it next month or wait?