Macbook Pro Full Charge Capacity (from new)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marty1990, Nov 29, 2011.

1. marty1990 macrumors 6502

I know there are battery threads, and I myself have made about three already, but I'm still lost.

Anyway, I think I have a battery obsession. Anyway, was looking at system profiler, and my new (five days old) 13" full charge capacity is 5715. Is that right for a Macbook so new? Only, I read somewhere, from new it should be in the 6000's. Dunno if that's right?

Regarding charging, as well. Will leaving it plugged in affect the battery? Also, am I best to charge it to full from about 30% to 100? What's best? Literally, spell it out for me what to do, I spent a heck of a load of money on this baby and want to get the most out of the battery for as long as possible.

Thanks.

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you read this yet?

3. marty1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, but am concerned about the FCC, which I don't think is in there - or I've not noticed it. Also, am not sure what to do with how and when am supposed to charge. :/

4. thundersteele macrumors 68030

just use it. Battery replacements are cheap compared to the full cost of the machine. Apple actually tells you how to use it.

5700 sounds about right for a new 13'' battery. I think coconut battery has some information about the design capacity, you can check that tool.