MacBook Pro funky screen when unlocking

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AdamA9, Jun 16, 2018.

1. AdamA9 macrumors 65816

Hey guys,

Recently, as in over the past couple of days, my MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) has developed a weird behaviour when unlocking and I'm worried that it is the start of something bad.

I managed to capture a picture of it, this displays for around a second, sometimes less, before showing the unlock screen. Any idea what might be causing this?

For information, I just upgraded to High Sierra, too. Although I doubt that could be the cause of this.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. aywa.co macrumors newbie

aywa.co

I have the same issue on my 13 in 2016, happens every time I wake device from sleep
    - have not had time to take to AS

3. Painter2002 macrumors 65816

Painter2002

Actually, if you just upgraded to High Sierra, this very likely is a software issue, i have started another thread where it seems a lot of people are having issues with static on waking their MacBook Pro (in my case) from sleep. Anyone running High Sierra 10.13.4 or later versions seem to have the issue. I have worked with AppleCare and after being sent two different replacement machines it was identified as a software issue and engineering is aware of the issue apparently.

macbook-pro-2017-monitor-static-after-waking-from-sleep.2113498

4. AdamA9 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yep, this looks exactly the same. I guess it is software. I'll log it with Apple anyway. Thanks.