Macbook pro Game recording and streaming

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by falcon511, Aug 18, 2017.

1. falcon511 macrumors newbie

falcon511

So I have the current low end 15 inch Macbook pro. It runs fine, sometimes getting a little hot when connected to my external monitor. Thats fine however and it does not bother me. I have an Elgato capture card that I use to capture some gameplay from my Xbox one. When i plug this capture card into the Macbook pro and start streaming, I notice the fans start to turn on. This doesnt bother me but I dont want the machine getting too hot that will eventually wear out the components. Typically the system hovers around 60C. If i stream to twitch or mixer using my capture card for hours, using my Macbook pro, will this be bad for the CPU in the machine? The system handles game recording and streaming very well actually and i dont really notice any slow down in the OS itself.

I do have a gaming desktop that can handle this better, however when I am not at home and on the go, the macbook pro is what I would use with my capture card.

Thanks in advanced.

2. Vazza macrumors regular

It'll be fine. The fans are designed to kick in (increase speed) to keep it within the normal tolerances for temperature.