macbook pro games

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by grooveattack, Jan 23, 2008.

1. grooveattack macrumors 6502a

hello all, can people please give ma a list of games that would run nicely on a 2.2ghz MBP?
    or just games in your experience that ran well...cheers

2. Neutral Gamer macrumors 6502a

Neutral Gamer

Unreal Tournament 2004 - I'm running it on my 17" MBP at a resolution of 1920x1200 with everything on max and it is super sweet! So on your lower res 15" MBP it should run even better :D

Just make sure you put the sound up cos those fans get pretty damn noisy and don't even think about keeping it on your laptop while playing cos you WILL get burnt. :eek:

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

if you install boot camp your macbook pro is like any other windows laptop: it can play any pc game if its above the minimum specs.

but if you want to play games while in Mac OS X make sure you get intel or universal binary games.

next time do a bit of searching as the mac rumors forums has an excellent page here/ listing all the Mac OS X games and whether they are power pc, intel or universal and whether they play well in rosetta (power pc on intel)

4. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

Oblivion runs perfectly, as does WOW and Wc3. going to install crysis soon, obviously won't run at full settings...

5. Neutral Gamer macrumors 6502a

Neutral Gamer

I've got Oblivion on my 360 and I think it's a genius game - I love it. But I always thought it would take too high a toll on the MBP. If it does work well then I'd love to be able to have a quick go on it wherever I happen to be!

What settings have you got it running at and how smooth is the frame rate?

Cheers :)

6. Creibold macrumors regular

Creibold

All the Valve games run Beautifully with almost all the settings [excluding AA] turned onto max

The battlefield games all play wonderfully with the same options turned up.

All played at 1440x900 with high texture, filters, and what-not.

I've played all these via Bootcamp with Vista. I'm sure they would run even better on XP.