Macbook Pro Games?!?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Maclver, May 25, 2009.

1. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

Ok.. I have played Spore got bored, Simcity got bored, Age of Empires 3 got bored.. I am in this computer game kick mode where I need to be playing a game.. Does anyone have any good suggestions for games that run really well on a macbook Pro?!

Thanks

2. capriseyhaze macrumors regular

capriseyhaze

theres this one game called bootcamp that comes standard with every mac. In the game bootcamp you have to install this exspanion pack called windows. Windows comes in many modes such as xp vista or 7. Though they all suck, they will get the job done and unlock unlimted other games. I hope this helps.

3. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

hahaha a game called bootcamp. good stuff.

4. Maclver thread starter macrumors 68020

Maclver

sighhh grow up! ;-)

5. acurafan macrumors 6502a

does anyone know of a good poker and blackjack for mac?

6. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

haha oh come on man have a little sense of humor. i know he was being a bit of an a**hole but it really is the best way to run games. even the games made for os x suck compared to their windows counterparts so running windows with bootcamp really is the way to go.

7. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

hahahhaa, you make my day! :D

8. feuerschlange macrumors regular

The latest games, I tried on my MBP really bored me to death.

Games nowadays come really seldom with a good adictive gaming experience.

I tried Crysis, Far Cry 2, GRAW 2, ... and alike and they all (despite some nice eye candy) are extraordinary blant and boring. Its all the same boring scheme with little fresh ideas. Especially COD 4 made me fall asleep. It reminds me of the bad trials of bringing gaming experiences as a DVD with movie scenes and selective menues. Very bad. Developers loose track there.

Hellgate London let me down big time, as I was awaiting a great game and got a cheap level up go over and over the same scheme boring game. Very bad.

There is this one jewel though, that really got me booting Windows a lot in the past month:

Fallout 3 - one heck of a great game! I wish, it would be longer and would allow for great multiplayer online.

I wish, there could be more games, made with so much interesting ideas and overall mood.
    The last one, that sucked me in this much was STALKER. I hope, there will be more to come like that.

ArmA is one game, still loaded up in times, although Multiplayer experience is not too good with all the Rambo style kids around the internet.

Bioshock is another great game, to be checked out (although its a fairly linear and straight forward quick shooter with a fun theme).

I tried Spore too (for Mac btw.) and fell asleep quickly.

Developers please, wake up! Its not all kiddies out there with sub par expectations and zero education! Do some good games for adults please with Myth like riddles, Crysis like eye candy, ArmA like team play and communication, Fallout 3 like UI and theme polish and a long time factor like STALKER and you have a winner.

The same can be told about other genres too of course.

And yes - Games for OS X suck. They are almost always merely bad cooked up old Windows games with horrid performance and awful graphics.

Btw - I liked the bootcamp game joke - its really true - you have a great demanding game there, to get it up and running from a fresh partition. I like the OS X UI and graphix better though.

9. str1f3 macrumors 68000

You sound like you're looking for action games. Check out Call of Duty 4 for Mac but you're best option is using Boot Camp. Use Windows as your gaming machine and OSX as your real computer.

10. feuerschlange macrumors regular

Its like a Spielberg movie for games. Lots of colourful pictures but nothing to remember for after you are done with it. Sorry Steve - your movies don't work for me.

I am more after the Luc Besson or Jean-Luc Godard or Takeshi Kitano for that matter.

At least a Tarantino should be in there. But developers do chuck out one cheap Hollywood thing with the same boring pattern after another. No food for brains there.

This is not limited to the action genre - it's all games!