Macbook Pro Gaming

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by crad159, Jan 21, 2012.

1. crad159, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012

crad159 macrumors newbie

Hi all.

So I just installed Win 7 tonight to dual boot for steam and all the games I play there, (Grand Theft Auto, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Napoleon Total War, Empire Total War, Shogun Total War, and others). So pretty much I play intense graphic games but I have only installed bad company 2 and played smoothly on low settings.
    I also downloaded GPU-Z to check the temp of the graphics card while I game. I was at like 83*C while gaming and at a fan speed of 87%.

Is this a expected temp for gaming on a macbook pro (mid July model)? Also the computer felt hot, but I guess they get hot for any reason...

Update: After writing this thread, I went to play a video on Youtube and the computer shut down because the graphics card driver hadn't switched or something the message said. But the card is fine now (10-15 minutes after ending the game) it is at 62*C.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you had searched the forum (like you were supposed to) you would have found multiple threads about temperatures, leading to the conclusion that 83 C is not out of the ordinary, especially since you are running high end games in BootCamp.

3. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

It's fine, why is everybody so scared about the temperatures on Macbooks these days?

4. malman89 macrumors 68000

Laptop is going to melt/burn those coffee tables and desks, I swear.

5. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

Call the Fire Department!!