MacBook Pro Gift

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dimme, Mar 4, 2010.

1. dimme macrumors 65816

Hi
    I want to get my wife a new macbook pro for her birthday. Here old one is getting pretty dated. I was hoping the new ones would be out by now and if it was for me I would wait ( I always want the latest and greatest). She just ones something that works and will last about 4 years. I tempted to wait but that messes up the whole birthday thing and I am too cheap to buy two gifts. So how are the current macbook pros, and will not new ones be that much different?

2. moel macrumors 6502

3. barkomatic macrumors 68040

You could get her something else for her birthday and get her a MBP for another special occasion. :)

It's hard to say if the macbook pro's will be substantially different -- they might be. Steve Jobs reportedly commented that the next update will take the lineup "to the next level" whatever that means.

4. BrianMR macrumors regular

BrianMR

You could always give her a picture of one, maybe with an iTunes card to sweeten the deal, and tell her it becomes a real one when the release.

That said, it sounds like that for her uses its not a huge deal either way. Lots of thread discussions here on that topic, I'll let you read & judge for yourself.

5. dimme thread starter macrumors 65816

March 13th

6. phrint macrumors 6502

I depends upon what she uses if for. The current line of MBP's will be more than enough for the casual user. The iCore chips are in demand from pro users and those who need to have the latest technology. If your wife is neither one of these then the current C2D's will be just fine.

7. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

lol thats my mom's birthday!!

anyways, shes your wife! hopefully shes mature enough to understand and be happy if you tell her that you WILL get her an MBP when new ones come out. just explain why you want to wait, any maybe ask her if SHE would care.

8. p1ngputts macrumors member

check out the refurbished macbook pros. your wife will never know and you won't feel as guilty buying outdated technology.

9. Surely Guest

Surely

^^^This.

I have a current MBP, and it's brilliant.