Macbook Pro - glossy or matte?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ADigitalNative, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ADigitalNative macrumors newbie

ADigitalNative

I'm going (when the new MBP model comes out and it WILL come out, I have faith...) to buy a 15'' Macbook Pro in the near future. I'm making the assumption that matte will be an option on the new system as it is now. So - when I finally order the shiny, newly updated and maxed out Macbook Pro should I get a matte or glossy screen?

I do graphic and web design, with a little video work mixed in for spice. My 2006 MBP - where I currently do my graphic work - is matte, but the backlight is getting dim which is one of the big reasons I'm replacing the computer. I also regularly use a glossy iMac in the office though I've never done intense graphic work on that machine.

I know that many designers hate glossy - but I like the iMac's screen better than my MBP. Colors are richer and more vibrant. Images and video seem sharper. I can't tell if those issues are problems with my heavily used 4 year old computer or if they have to do with the matte screen itself.

Any experiences? Comments? Hopefully this won't start a flame war in either direction...

2. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Please search the MBP forums here. There are several threads/polls on the subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.