Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

divang

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
Sorry Im new to this whole macbook pro and OS X, so Im wondering I just noticed that my macbook pro goes to sleep and won't turn back on unless I plug it in. It goes to sleep at 15% battery remaining, so is this some kind of setting on the macbook pro so you don't loose anything and charge before its completely dead?

pyroo

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2007
No, the macbook should go to sleep at 0-1%, i believe your macbook's battery needs to be calibrated, if you have time, use up all the battery until it goes to sleep, than recharge the battery back to 100% without any interruption, that should "reset" the clock(?) in the battery and give you a more accurate reading.

drewsof07

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Ohio
No, the macbook should go to sleep at 0-1%, i believe your macbook's battery needs to be calibrated, if you have time, use up all the battery until it goes to sleep, than recharge the battery back to 100% without any interruption, that should "reset" the clock(?) in the battery and give you a more accurate reading.

Just to correct the above information, Apple says you should discharge the battery fully until the computer forces itself to sleep, THEN allow it to stay in "hibernation" for another 4-6hr before reconnecting the power and charging to 100%

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.