MacBook Pro goes to Sleep when inactive

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by crisito, Aug 20, 2009.

1. crisito macrumors regular

My MacBook Pro goes to sleep when left inactive for a period of time, probably around 20 minutes.

I have checked the Settings and they are set to 'Computer Sleep: Never' - it's connected to a Power Adapter.

Any ideas?

2. Neo-Tech macrumors regular

You probably changed the settings for the Baterry Mode. In Energy Saver, there are 2 tabs, Battery and Power Adapter. You probably changed the Battery one.

3. crisito thread starter macrumors regular

No, I've changed the Settings for the Power Adapter.

4. crisito thread starter macrumors regular

5. Neo-Tech macrumors regular

That's weird. I think one of your plists might be corrupt and I'm not sure what plist is for the Energy Saver. You'll have to wait for someone else :(

6. crisito thread starter macrumors regular

I have two MacBook Pros and they both do exactly the same thing.. :confused:

7. Neo-Tech macrumors regular

It certainly doesn't do it on my 13" MacBook Pro. Are you sure it's going to sleep and not the screen turning off? If the light is a steady on, it means the computer is on and the screen is off. If the light is pulsing slowly, it means it's in sleep mode.

8. crisito thread starter macrumors regular

Actually, no it doesn't seem like it's going to sleep, more like it is shutting down.

When I wake it up from Sleep, the Mail application and Firefox etc are all still active. But when I wake it up from when it goes off after being inactive, all the application close as if it is just coming on after booting up.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

9. crisito thread starter macrumors regular

10. Jardas5 macrumors newbie

Same problem...

How? I got the same problem here, could you help?

Thanks

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Thread is 2 1/2 years old and crisito hasn't been around for several months. Caffeine will temporarily override your energy saver settings and keep your Mac awake with a click on the Menu Bar icon. Another click turns it off.

To keep your MBP awake with the lid closed, use InsomniaX or InsomniaT (rebuild for SL) (fix for 2011 MPBs)