Macbook Pro Going Offline

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by seanerin, Nov 8, 2015.

1. seanerin macrumors member

Hello! So, I recently set up wifi (via TimeWarner Cable) and generally all is well. I have dual band wifi (5ghz and 2.4ghz). I connect via the 5ghz network. Again, all is well until I close my laptop. The next morning when I open it, I am always offline. The computer shows me as connected to my wifi but I have to go into network preferences and into diagnostics where it eventually reconnects. Any help fixing this nuisance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Sean

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Hi, you can try change your router encryption to WPA2-PSK (may be called WPA2-AES) only to see if this works.

Also try restarting your computer with 'Reopen windows whem logging back in' disabled, and see if the problem persists. A large uptime (time since last shutdown) causes a lot of issues synonymous with this on OS X.

If you're still having a problem, you can go to Macintosh HD>Library>Preferences, rename the ‘System Configuration’ folder to ‘System Configuration 1’, and restart your computer. You'll have to re-enter your wireless details once you've done that.

Let me know what the news is (quote please, I don't auto-follow threads) and we'll go from there. Best wishes!