Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
Hello me and my sister got into a fight she threw 4 port usb charger on top of my macbook and it was closed and power off Do you think something got damaged in the macbook ? My macbook is in a hard shell case

Reactions: BigMcGuire

jerryk

Contributor
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hello me and my sister got into a fight she threw 4 port usb charger on top of my macbook and it was closed and power off Do you think something got damaged in the macbook ? My macbook is in a hard shell case

Does it work OK? If so, I would just continue using it.

Last edited:

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
I suggest that in the future you avoid the sister when the MacBook is up and running…. ;)

decio

Suspended
Jun 17, 2016
So what happened after you threw the smack down on your sis? Did you at least let her have it with her own ipad or something?

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida

How are we suppose to know if it's OK or not ? :rolleyes:

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Seriously?

How are strangers on the internet, without your machine in their hands, without pictures or anything, supposed to say whether your computer's fine or not?

And honestly, even if that USB charger was dropped from 30 stories up I STRONGLY doubt any damage would be done to the machine, especially with a hardshell case.

Reactions: Alexrat1996

jerryk

Contributor
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
And honestly, even if that USB charger was dropped from 30 stories up I STRONGLY doubt any damage would be done to the machine, especially with a hardshell case.

A multi port USB charger can be pretty hard and heavy. I have an 8 port powered one and you could wack a tennis ball a pretty good distance with it. Mine is metal and heavy.

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
Hmm... If you can't see any damage, and it works properly and passes all diagnostics, then it sounds like it's stealth system is hiding its major defects.

The only way to tell for sure is to take it in to the Apple Store for inspection. They have the magic anti stealth tool to unmask catastrophic damage.

Be sure to take your sister and 2 buckets of rocks with you into Apple store. Preferably one of the stores with all glass walls.

Reactions: Alexrat1996
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.