MacBook Pro Graphic Design Uni Student

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hello3, Aug 15, 2011.

1. hello3 macrumors newbie

Hi, I plan on purchasing a 15" MBP today and was wondering if the high-res display is worth it, and if it impacts battery life. Also is the upgrade to 8gb of ram a good decision (cost/value wise?)

Oh and who has used One to One? Don't know if I want to pay $100 for someone to transfer files from one laptop to another...

2. kclimson macrumors newbie

kclimson

Yes.

The high resolution display is really worth the money. Any sunlight does not show up on your screen and the resolution is remarkable. The transfer of files should be free though. If not just grab a hard drive and do it all yourself

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

You could use Migration Assistant from your old laptop. Apple released a Windows and Mac version of it very recently.

4. BAC5.2 macrumors regular

High res Anti-Glare is the way to go.

I wish you could get this screen on the MBA.

5. hello3 thread starter macrumors newbie

I wasn't sure about the anti glare display as what I read online said the glossy display has more vivid colours. I was just thinking the hi-res glossy, or is that somewhat of an oxymoron?

6. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

nahh it's not an oxymoron.

If you're a graphic designer, you want the best resolution you can get. It's better to have more screen real estate.

7. randomrazr macrumors 65816

its up to you. the apple store will ahve both on display so check em out, and pick the one that turns u on the most.

i have anti glare...me likey