MacBook Pro graphic glitches

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by garethlewis2, Jun 20, 2011.

1. garethlewis2 macrumors 6502

I currently own a MacBook Pro 17" Early 2008 model. This was a replacement for the one that was stolen in Brussels.

On Saturday 18th June sometime in the morning, while watching a video on Youtube, my machine just decided to freeze. The screen inverted, the speakers just kept replaying the same little sample in the buffer. Absolutely fantastic I think. I've been lucky with my machine, as I knew that not all MacBook Pro's built in early 2008 had the NVidia bumpgate issue.

I phone Apple, and have booked an appointment with the Apple store in London. They will run a piece of software to test the machine if it fails. Fantastic. I know it's ********. I wouldn't have phoned the store otherwise.

How many other readers of Macrumours have had this issue, and how has Apple treated you?

2. Sirus2400 macrumors regular

I just had my logic board replaced at the Covent Garden store. They said it would take 5-7 days and it took 9, but other than that it was pretty smooth. That model has a know problem with the Nvidia card installed so they have a test for it specifically. I think they'll just swap it out for you.