MacBook Pro, Graphics Driver Update to 12.2?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Erasmus, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

Hey Guys,
    Is anyone using the 12.2 drivers? CCC keeps telling me to update (I'm on like 11.8 atm) but the installer fails due to incompatible hardware. I remember I installed the 11 series driver using a ~100MB download off an ati2 url, but could never work out how to find them without someone else posting a direct link.

2. Killery96 macrumors 6502

I also have this problem, I'd like to update my drivers so that I can get better performance (if that's what they truly deliver, I'm skeptical), and I get the same or a similar error message whenever I attempt the standard procedure. Anyone got any ideas or remedies?

3. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to find them through web pages. You just have to change the link. 12.2 is not available, yet, but the link for it is below. If you want 12.1 for now, then just change the link from 12-2 to 12-1.

Code:
    http://www2.ati.com/drivers/mobile/12-2_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl.exe

4. HarryPot macrumors 6502a

Is this for the MacBook Pro late 2011? With the 512mb video card.

How do I know which driver I have? Is this only for Windows?

I'm really ignorant in these topics.:eek:

5. Erasmus thread starter macrumors 68030

Erasmus

This is for any 2011 MacBook Pro, with AMD graphics card, whether 6750M, 6770M, or even the 6490M.

It is also only for Windows.

If you have not updated your drivers, you'll have an old driver that came with your last Boot Camp update. If you play modern games that would benefit from a few extra frames per second, updating drivers will likely be a good idea. If not, it's probably pointless.

----------

Thanks heaps. I had previously tried using this URL, but when it didn't work, had assumed that AMD had moved their stuff. Changing the URL to 12-1 downloaded fine, but haven't tried installing yet.

6. deadwulfe, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012

deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

I thought I jumped the gun, but decided to give it a try...

The link I posted previously hasn't been working for any version above 12.1. I thought I'd pick this back up and go searching and turns out there is a link that works, but I don't know why it's under a different naming convention.

Anyways, this worked to update my drivers on Windows 7 64-bit. Here's the link for the current version 12.6:
    Code:
    http://www2.ati.com/drivers/12-4_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc.exe

7. Duouk2000 macrumors newbie

Duouk2000