Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

discosoap

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
The Netherlands
Hi guys,

I recently updated my Macbook Pro 2010 with an OCZ Vertex II SSD. Very happy with it, except from one big issue; when I don't charge my Macbook battery, it will go to sleep when it's empty. If I then reconnect the power adapter, it should awake from sleep (this is when you see the blue layover screen with the progress bars in the bottom). It doesn't do this properly anymore; now you see the progress bar loading half the bars, and then hangs, needing a full restart to get up and running again. I've lost quite a few open documents this way, which is bothering me of course.

I am reasonably certain this is due to the SSD (it always loaded properly with a normal hard drive), and I am reasonably certain the SSD is not broken. Has anyone got the same problem, and better yet, does anyone know how to fix it ?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance from Holland.

Last edited:

discosoap

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
The Netherlands
bump :eek:

if you feel the question is not properly stated, or if you think this question should be in another forum, please let me know

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.