Macbook Pro Hard case shelling.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jino, Sep 10, 2009.

1. jino macrumors newbie

So, I bought my macbook pro in august and still havent put on a hard case shell/cover for my pro and was just wondering which one i should get. any recommendations? I'm looking to buy a hard case and not silicon.

Also, do I even need one? I use my laptop like a desktop since I'm in college and use it practically for everything. Suggestions?

2. Rhalliwell1 macrumors 6502a

well if you do carry it around at all then i think it would be worth while having one - just imagine if you dropped it? (hope you dont ;) )

watch this, might help you

3. jino thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the input, but im looking for a case not a sleeve. anyone else got any suggestions?

4. dennis123123 macrumors member

I suggest you actually do NOT get one. Yes, against knocks it might protect it, but I have seen people's laptops who have hardcases. They gather little tiny bits of dirt and grit between the case and the device and scratch it all over when it is moved.

I'd suggest a sleeve inside a regular bag/backpack OR a dedicated laptop bag.

5. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

ive had mine on for a year and i have no dust. Just as many other people have done

6. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

that has to be the poorest least scientific test I have ever seen. Really? Counting the pieces at the end? Thats ridiculous.

7. jino thread starter macrumors newbie

lol well I actually do want a case. So anyone have any suggestions? lol

8. Hayduke60 macrumors regular

9. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Get an Incase. The reputation is solid, as in not having problems. Speck has had many problems, dust entry, cracking etc.

10. coops macrumors regular

Well, i've only just committed apostasy and left my lovely little Sony TX..... just decided enough was enough with windows.

13" macbook pro and i got the Speck hard shell for it, in satin red. Very nice....

Decided since at work i'll always be carting it around in a cushioned backpack, i could just put a shell on it and then slip it in/out of the backpack without arseing about with padded covers/sleeves etc and their zips etc.

also considered defacing it immediately - it is so pretty (and so is the 11ish" Sony, mind) that it seemed a bizarre alternative to worrying about the odd scratch on that lovely aluminium case and take a screwdriver and dig some crazy design into it, instead. Maybe there are home anodizing kits.... etch an anodised design into the case.

Still, taking a gorgeous engineered Al case and putting a plastic cover on it is also curiously amusing.... I mean Dell have been putting cheap plastic shells on their beigebooks for years.

Still sticking with Opera browser though....

Coops