Macbook Pro hard drive problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gooch1, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Gooch1 macrumors newbie

So I recently went to turn on my c2d macbook pro and the chime sounded like usual, and then nothing...I get stuck at the blue screen I have tried all the other things possible except inserting my osx disk because I don't have it. Well Thats not my concern right now, nor my question.

I need to get some important school files off of my hard disk, so to go about this I got a friends mac and using firewire I tried to access via firewire target disk mode. Well the problem is that my hard disk does not mount on the the other macbook's desktop and although disk utility sees the hard disk it won't even let me select verify or repair disk permissions. Any idea what my next options might be?

2. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

take it out and try an enclosure. the controller on your old computer may be malfunctioning. so your best bet is to access it directly.

3. Gooch1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm afraid if I take my computer apart I will void my applecare warrantee. But no I agree that is an awesome idea which I might resort too if needed.

4. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

if you're worried about apple care then go to apple first. they may fix the problem for you which would be great. if your computer is totally lost then you may get it replaced which would be even better. good luck dude.