Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1ofthedavids

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Hi Everyone,

Not sure if anyone remembers, but a few months ago I was asking about a hard drive upgrade for my 13" uMB. I upgraded the factory 160GB to a 320GB drive and all was well.

Now, I sold that MacBook when the new MBP's were announced, but pulled my 320GB hard drive and tossed the original one back in it when I sold it. So now I have a new 13" MBP waiting at home for me, and a 320GB hard drive with a full system and boot camp installed on it. I have a feeling this is going to take more work than I want, but is it possible to just pull the drive from the MBP and replace it with my 320GB?

Ideally, I'd love to just put the 320GB into the MBP and boot it up, but I don't quite think that's going to be possible. Could anybody help clarify this for me?

1ofthedavids

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
It's 10.5.7

Previously, I had the 2.0GHz 13" MacBook with 2GB of Ram. I just stuck with the base model of the MBP, so now it's 2.26GHz with 2GB of Ram. My old MB was only 3 months old, and I used it up until a week ago when I sold it to a friend. Everything was up-to-date, and the night I sold it, I just swapped the drives out and put the original hdd in with a fresh install and update. But regarding the drive I still have and want to use, yes, it has 10.5.7 and all the updates up to a week or so ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.