Macbook Pro Harddrive issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bmcmillan, Sep 30, 2011.

1. bmcmillan macrumors newbie

I got a new macbook pro 15 inch, tried unsuccesfully 3 times to migrate my pc files over. I finally gave up. Tried again a day later. SUCCESS.

I finally got my pc stuff over to the mac. 66Gb worth to be exact. But noticed some time later, that 120Gb of 'Other' is being used up. I can't find these 'Other' files, and have no clue where they are, or that they are doing in the computer. If anyone can help me find them, it might be a migration assistant error, not sure.

Thanks,

B

2. gboswellsac macrumors member

I think for better help than me they need to know how you migrated the PC files to the Mac... could you have done it twice .... What program or utility did you use to copy the the mac. I used Win3scp on the windows side to copy to my MBP.

3. bmcmillan thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using the Migration Assistant that was included with my macbook pro. I tried unsuccessfully 3 times to migrate upon unboxing, and now have a massive amount of used space on the computer.

Hope that helps.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

get the app disk inventory x, its free and will tell you in better detail whats using the space on your harddrive