Macbook Pro has Bluish cast?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by steffi, Oct 16, 2008.

1. steffi macrumors 6502a

Anybody seen the Bluish cast on the screen on the newer macbook pros?

2. Logos327 macrumors 6502

3. strikeinsilence macrumors 6502

Try calibrating the display. If it's a uniform cast then it can probably be fixed with that.

4. steffi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Saw one newer MacBook Pro which clearly had a bluish cast to it but the sales guy just didn't care and was generally dismissive of my observation.

5. strikeinsilence macrumors 6502

When do sales guys ever care? As I said though, as long as it's the whole display looks the same shade of blue, it can most likely be fixed by calibrating. If it's a gradient (warm color temp to cool) like on my stupid Hi-res 17" MBP then there ain't nothing you can do about it.

6. StolenPhone macrumors newbie

Yep, the difinitely have a blueish cast to them. Luckily, this is very fixable.

Open System Preferences, and the Displays. Select the Color tab. Then click on calibrate. Be sure you have selected "expert mode". Continure with the defaults for the "Determine your display's native response" and "Select target gamma". Those should all be set to the default. "Select a target white point" is where the magic will happen. Here is where you can warm up the display. Be sure "Use native white point" is *not* checked. I found an optimum point os warmness that matches my MacPro/Cinema Display at about 5610 kelvin.

Continue on and save th eprofile. This should give you the warmness you want and get rid of that annoying clod blue hue. YMMV but this worked great for me.

7. ptjh macrumors regular

It's probably because the old MBP had a yellow cast so it make the new on seem more blue. Yellow and blue seem connected artistically in this way