MacBook Pro has warped Track Pad..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djwobble, Dec 1, 2008.

1. djwobble macrumors regular

Hi,

I purchased the last MacBook Pro, 15inch 2.5 ghz ( not the LATEST model but the older one) yesterday from Best Buy. I opened it up last night and noticed that the track pad is warped and dented in. You can notice it withe naked eye and can feel it with your fingers/hands. (

I am curious, will it be replaced because I am within the 14 day period? There are not any MBPs which meet my specs in the district. Any idea on how this well work?

Thank you for the help!

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Give it a shot. Its going to be hard to convince Apple that you didn't drop something in your new machine.

3. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Take it back.

I have a similar problem with the 2.53 i picked up 4 days ago, he bottom right had side is deeper then the other corners. very noticeable and annoying when scrolling. Its like the trackpad is sitting at and angle.

4. djwobble thread starter macrumors regular

What did they do for you?

5. djwobble thread starter macrumors regular

My main concern is that there are not any left in our area, either at the mac store or at best buy...

Can I go to the mac store even though I bought it at Best Buy?

6. djwobble thread starter macrumors regular

Well - for those that care...

I took the mbp back to best buy. they were ready to exchange but they didnt have in stock at any of the locations so they said I could upgrade for $400 more. What the hell?

7. amorican macrumors member

amorican

FWIW, I'm on my 4th MBP all because of screen issues, and all of them have had the same trackpad issue. If you pop out your battery it's where the microchip is, and it isn't supported well. You can try to push up on the bottom of the trackpad, it helps a bit.

8. 7even macrumors 6502a

I had the same issue on a last-gen MBP I had a while back. Ended up returning it, but I bought it at the Apple store to begin with.