macbook pro have problem with charging battery

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tuki789, Nov 28, 2015.

1. tuki789 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a problem with my macbook pro aluminium (mid 2009). When turn off the charger and plug it in again wont to charge battery. No green or orange light on the charger. I have a hundred times to remove and insert a connector into a port. Then spark and begins charging the battery. To note that I have a MagSafe charger with L connector 85W. Please for some advice???

2. chscag macrumors 68000

It sounds like you might need a new MagSafe Adapter Charger. Continuing to use the charger that way may lead to damaging the input DC board or even the logic board in your MacBook Pro.

3. tuki789 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks man for reply...
    I will try to bay another charger. I am tried my magsafe charger on friends macbook, and charge fine his laptop without sparks. when i remove battery from my laptop he work on charger fine without any sparks and i dont have a problem to connect magsafe on dc in connector.

4. tuki789 thread starter macrumors newbie

What are you think, is maybe a problem that is my magsafe have 85W??? Should i bay a magsafe with 60W???

5. chscag macrumors 68000

No, the 85W should be fine. Also, make sure you can return the charger and get a refund in case the old one is OK. The problem (sparking) could also be a dirty connection. Check the connector real close to see if there is any metal fragments that might be sticking to the adapter charger connector. Remember, it is magnetic and will attract metal, even very small pieces. Use a magnifying glass to inspect the connectors - both on the charger and the MacBook Pro.